Thursday, August 8, 2013

Site Super Conference- and what in the heck am I doing being done on a Thursday! Yippee!


I met with my site supervisor, Jana Needham on August 6th, 2013 at our campus. I discussed my Action Research Plan with her. She had some great insight on my idea of having a parenting class for the parents/ guardians of the students in my study. I mentioned I would like to open it to all parents but the ones in my study would have a special invitation and encouragement to come. She stated that at one of her previous campus’ they had a disciplinary placement program and it was required of the parents to come to parenting classes in order for their student to advance quicker through the placement program. She said they also invited other parents of students that were on the radar for behavioral concerns. There weren’t any revisions suggested at this point but I felt affirmed in my thoughts on doing the parenting classes- or as I will call them “How to help your child be more successful at school”. Even though no changes were made at this point my guess is that a long this path I will have some revisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment